My friends and I ventured out to yet another dim sum spot. HAPPY DAYS. Yeah, it WAS NOT a happy place. We went at 10:00am and although there was a 25% off sign, it is for take-out only (we were told that after the bill came). Anywhoo, no one seated us as i'm assuming none of us are Chinese and they only catered to the chinese crowd. Eventually we got seated and waited forever before the ONE cart came by. A bunch of steamers were placed on our table only for us to remove some of them as we didn't want the meat items. That was the only time we were waited on. My friend's son was getting agitated (not to mention us) so after paying the bill (which was higher than any other place) we left to go to the restaurant next door. We actually could've walked out since they didn't even care to ring us up.
So...in addition to the dim sum, we went to BIG CITY DINER where there's never a disappointment. It was packed, but we were seated pretty fast. I ate an apple pie ala mode with Bubbies ice cream. That was my treat to a disasterous dim sum meal.
Don't ever go to HAPPY DAYS. EVER. You'll be greatly disappointed. Unless you're chinese.
What is dimsum? Well, it's a tasty little chinese treat (although I'm not Chinese). It's a snack, it's a meal. It's very satisfying and leaves you happy-like moi
About Me
- Dimsum
- I'm originally from smoggy L.A. but now live in sunny Honolulu. I've been living here for 20 years, and it seems like it'll be another 19. I have an awesome daughter). I also work with psychiatric kids(yikes!)I'm not complicated although one would think so and am pretty easy to get along with (unless you mess with my kid). I hate phoniness - so don't pretend to like me and then talk smack behind my back. Or pretend to like someone else, but talk smack to me about them. My family's my core and my close friends are my ice cream toppings. Everyone should have a little bit of dimsum in their lifetime. I also refer to myself as an "organic temple". Be green. Be organic. Be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment