About Me

My photo
I'm originally from smoggy L.A. but now live in sunny Honolulu. I've been living here for 20 years, and it seems like it'll be another 19. I have an awesome daughter). I also work with psychiatric kids(yikes!)I'm not complicated although one would think so and am pretty easy to get along with (unless you mess with my kid). I hate phoniness - so don't pretend to like me and then talk smack behind my back. Or pretend to like someone else, but talk smack to me about them. My family's my core and my close friends are my ice cream toppings. Everyone should have a little bit of dimsum in their lifetime. I also refer to myself as an "organic temple". Be green. Be organic. Be nice.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Turtle Bay Get Away



Since I was off for 5 days, we went to Turtle Bay for the weekend. It's a 45 minute drive into the country. I joined their Escape Club so will get some year-long perks to got with it. I packed some musubi's, fruit and off we went. Ashly would not get out of the pool. They had a keiki (child) pool and adult pool. She eventually ventured to the bigger pool while staying close to my side. There's also an in-between pool with a big slide, but we opted to stay out.






All was well until the last hour prior to check out. A lady insinuated we took her child's floatie. I tried to calmly tell her that her sister has mistaken us for someone else and that other's have the same floatie. But NO, she insisted it was us as she had 3 sets and now only 2. She said she SAW us coming down to the pool without the floaties on which was BOGUS as I blew up Ashly's arm floaties in the hotel room prior to coming down. She was relentless and her story kept changing but I kept calm. I almost was going to call security if she kept badgering me as I'm sure they were not guests of the hotel, just local tittas using the facility. Sorry to offend anyone, but they were cursing all the while, with little ones around them and a whole troop of them. If we were going to stay longer, I would've called just to get them out of the pool. I knew she was full of it when she said she saw us come down to the pool without the floaties, and saw us go by her area (we were no where near the area). And Willie was in the room watching sports, so I was on my own. What a wentch, but we still had a good time and Ashly still hated leaving the pool.

1 comment:

suzy said...

Yikes! You've left me in suspense. How did it end?