Today is Ashly's birthday. She is now 4 years old. 4 years ago, 1/30/04 at 1:30pm I gave birth to a beautiful 8.62# bundle of joy. She has just tested ready for kindergarten. She still holds my hand, tells me she loves me and follows me around. I know this phase won't last forever, but I can stretch it out I think.



She went to school where she immediately received a crown and feather lei. I went to pick her up at 1:30pm (ironic the time, huh?) but she was asleep. She's been sick from last week and hasn't taken a nap, so i didn't think she would today. We went back at 2:30pm. When she came home she saw all her princess balloons, decorations, cake & presents, she was ecstatic.
We left to go to the park to fly her first kite. It's been raining off/on and fairly windy so we took a chance. She loved the kite experience and I think we entertained a few of the adjacent homeless people hanging out. It went at least 50' into the sky (as that's what the package indicated).




We ate dinner at Farrell's. Dinner was horrible, but I recommend going for the ice cream. They gave Ash a birthday sundae and sang to her.
She said she loved her birthday and most of all......flying the kite.

She still mentions how mommy lost her. Even at home she follows me because she "doesn't want to get lost again". OMG.
No comments:
Post a Comment