Ashly has been asking to go to the zoo, but we headed to the annual Hanahauoli Fair yesterday. I would think she would tire of these fairs since they have the same thing: Scrips for games, Scrips for rides, Scrips for food, Scrips for animals, Scrips for everything. But she enjoys it and enjoys handing over the scrips that Willie buys for her personal usage.
This time, we didn't entertain the pony idea. There was the school play yard area (slide and such) that they roped off and put some netting over to give it a jungle look. Heck, I am not going to put up scrips for something that already exists, so we just kinda.....shoved her in and no one would know the difference. Those are the best kind of activities - the "free" ones.
Today, she asked for zoo once again and I deferred it to tomorrow. We went to the mall, ate at Ruby Tuesday's. Low and behold, they had the annual Christmas train ride along with Santa picture taking (2 separate activities). $7.00 for a 10-minute ride. Free pics with Santa using your own camera, or $52.00 for the photo package deal. I think we all know what we opted for - considering she wasn't donning any holiday gear. But, I did pick up a great outfit from Children's Place for Thanksgiving. She looks so grown up. I'll blog them over after my "family obligation" time next week.
We also went to Jungle Fun. Yeah, it's a parent trap where you have to yet again, spend money for tokens to play games. Ashly went on this netted climing thing that in the past, she was too scared to go on. This time, she braved it and played tag with her new friends. We should've just snuck her in there and let her be. Willie would've gotten away with more $$savings since she took a long time in there. Next time, instead of the $1.00 I dished out for that, I'm just going to sneak her in. For buying nothing for me, and virtually nothing to show for with Ashly, the great time she had playing games with tokens and/or scrips this weekend is.....pricele$$.
No comments:
Post a Comment