About Me

My photo
I'm originally from smoggy L.A. but now live in sunny Honolulu. I've been living here for 20 years, and it seems like it'll be another 19. I have an awesome daughter). I also work with psychiatric kids(yikes!)I'm not complicated although one would think so and am pretty easy to get along with (unless you mess with my kid). I hate phoniness - so don't pretend to like me and then talk smack behind my back. Or pretend to like someone else, but talk smack to me about them. My family's my core and my close friends are my ice cream toppings. Everyone should have a little bit of dimsum in their lifetime. I also refer to myself as an "organic temple". Be green. Be organic. Be nice.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Lard A**



We ate at this new Italian restaurant yesterday called Buon Amici. I think that's what it's called. Anywhoo, it was excellent. At least for me. I started with a house salad. Mixed greens in a balsalmic vinegrette, goat cheese, candied walnuts. Yum. The Fettuccini came next. I thought it was a little on the small portion, but I was wrong. The homemade bread was excellent. A little too excellent. I mopped up the rest of my sauce with the bread. Now that, plus uneasy sleep the night before (ashly kicked me out of my bed and I had to sleep on the floor) = sleepland. We then went on an errand while i slept in the car. We went home whereby, I continued my nap. But by far, I think that restaurant is my new fave place.

I just ordered a bag from www.envirosax.com. They're environmentally-friendly totes for grocery shopping, open-market shopping etc. They have cute designs, pretty cheap and feature in O Magazine. (Oprah's my idol). Buy one, or 2 or a set and save the planet. I wanted the "organic" one, but it's sold out.

I'm now off to work with my dysfunctional patients. Right now, it's absolute YUCK. But i venture off to my "family obligation" next Saturday for one week. Dumplings for Thanksgiving. YUM! And so, my big, lard, a** will continue to grow.

No comments: