About Me

My photo
I'm originally from smoggy L.A. but now live in sunny Honolulu. I've been living here for 20 years, and it seems like it'll be another 19. I have an awesome daughter). I also work with psychiatric kids(yikes!)I'm not complicated although one would think so and am pretty easy to get along with (unless you mess with my kid). I hate phoniness - so don't pretend to like me and then talk smack behind my back. Or pretend to like someone else, but talk smack to me about them. My family's my core and my close friends are my ice cream toppings. Everyone should have a little bit of dimsum in their lifetime. I also refer to myself as an "organic temple". Be green. Be organic. Be nice.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Titanic Docks at Paradise



My brother Steve and his girlfriend Bren docked this past Friday for a one-day excursion of Oahu. Bren was in a tragic car accident a couple of years ago, whereby her right foot/leg got crushed (after visiting my brother!) and still has trouble walking. So, we opted for the Circle Island Tour via Ann.




North Shore was high on the list (see above) so we traversed over there first. My brother, an avid surfer, enjoyed the blue ocean as opposed to the sludge of Los Angeles.

We then had lunch at Turtle Bay Resort as I was famished, and did more picture taking:









Chinaman's Hat was at the end. When the tide is low (you have to check the time every day) you can walk across to get there. Legend has it, the "hat" that sticks out is the top of a chinese fisherman's hat. When I was viewing my pics on my camera, I just happened to zoom on this picture. You can't see it, but when i zoom in, you can see 2 people on top of the "hat". Incredible. I wished I showed my brother this after I took the picture, but I only discovered this feature of my camera afterwards. What a bummer. However, if you look carefully, you too can see 2 people on top of it. Do you see them?



We didn't have time to see the infamous Lanikai Beach nor Hanauma Bay, but we vowed that next time, we would. We hit Ala Moana next since Bren needed a pair of red shoes for a dress she brought along. Did anyone know that that mall is the largest outdoor mall in the country? I did, and I guess that's why I patronize it often. While she could barely walk by this time, I suggested I bring them to the boat so they could rest up. I also had to go home to pack for another "family obligation" visit.

Saturday morning we left for L.A. Ashly had her leopard gear on. Lyn & Betsy would be so proud:------->

My sister was working and my brother-in-law had another obligation, so we took a cab to my mother's. The sky was a disgusting sepia. Smog? Fire residue? Who knows, but it was thick and gross. Yeah, my hometown. Anywhoo, my mom bought the motherload of sushi for us. We were starving and scarfed it down. My dad came home and was happy to see us. Finally, my sister picked us up and we went to her place. Ashly was so happy to see her favorite (well one of them as there are so many) auntie. Jennifer is sick - we always seem to catch her when she's ill.

.

Hoping to go to Ontario Mills and I'm pretty sure we'll be going to Knott's Berry Farm as we have "connections" for virtually free entry. AGAIN, please note, this is FAMILY OBLIGATION......:)

No comments: