About Me

My photo
I'm originally from smoggy L.A. but now live in sunny Honolulu. I've been living here for 20 years, and it seems like it'll be another 19. I have an awesome daughter). I also work with psychiatric kids(yikes!)I'm not complicated although one would think so and am pretty easy to get along with (unless you mess with my kid). I hate phoniness - so don't pretend to like me and then talk smack behind my back. Or pretend to like someone else, but talk smack to me about them. My family's my core and my close friends are my ice cream toppings. Everyone should have a little bit of dimsum in their lifetime. I also refer to myself as an "organic temple". Be green. Be organic. Be nice.

Monday, March 31, 2008

R & R




Need I say any more? I don't think so. A day at the beach, which has been what seems years ago.

My brother and girlfriend sent Ashly a monstrous easter basket. In it, was a SEA MONKEY kit. I remember trying to grow them as a child and failed. I thought it was a hoax. Apparently, there is a new and improved version now. I started growing them with no expectations. After 3 days, they emerged! I am SOOOO obsessed with them. They are frightening addicting. They are of the brine family. You must check out the website. It's hysterical. For example: if you see 2 connected, don't worry - they're just having sex. If you see 2 connected and they both have "whiskers" or something to that effect, they're just fighting. I encourage everyone to set one of these guys up. There's millions of them! I'll probably wake up one morning and they've established human-like form. I hope you can see them as they're fairly transparent.


And for the record, I'm having problems with uploading pics for some reason. Everytime i try, the picture viewer freezes up. I've been reading other blogs and apparently i'm not the only one. Anywhoo, i'd love to write and send more, but it's discouraging when the darn system fails me and freezes the computer.

We're going to Hawaiian Adventures Water Park on Saturday. However, not sure if I'm bringing the camera.

Ashly's class had a school excursion to the Honolulu Zoo. She had a great time. I on the other hand........ ahhhh the duties of a parent.




I thought this zookeeper was pretty brave hosing down this alligator. We (the parents) just stared in amazement. He could've been lunch for this gator and all the kids would've seen it. PTSD?


This pic is actually taken at a small district park across the zoo and behind a fire station. I think it's hilarious that you could find a giraffe in Hawaii, mind you close to a busy street, yet luckily across a fire station. You can just hang out at the park and watch giraffe's walk on by. Where else would this be?

No comments: