
So what was posted in the Midweek this Tuesday? What I've been yacking about all last week. An article by Rick Hamada whose column is A Conservative Estimate. He writes his political views on stuff. I'm not political by any means, but Willie read it and passed it onto me.
It was an article about public transportation and namely, The Bus. With Hawaii's strict seat belt laws out there, why is it not mandatory to put seat belts on the bus, shuttles, other public forms of transportation, etc. Especially, SCHOOL BUSES. I think with the one and only pumpkin patch in Hawaii and all the schools visiting it for an excursion, he brought up a good point about the children not being safe. I wrote to Rick and thanked him for the article and hope that it would gain some political recognition as I know I'm not the only parent out there with this concern. He hasn't responded back, but that's ok.
I got Tuesday off and with Wednesday being my normal day off, Ashly was privileged to have mommy pick her up from school 2 days in a row. She starts screaming "my mommy is here!" and is sooo happy. They've been playing dress up in school so most of the girls wear their princess outfit (over their regular clothes) all day long (minus playyard time). Ashly was a princess yesterday, and today i brought her Ariel (Little Mermaid). She'll probably want Belle(Beauty & The Beast) tomorrow. Then, that's it. There are no more costumes after that! I hope she doesn't ask for Snow White. But, at least she's doing the girly thing for now - she's usually tomboyish, but with only 1 boy in a class on 9, i guess he's outnumbered. I'm proud to say she know's all her letters by recognition and can write some on her own. She knows numbers 0-20. A long way from barely speaking. Sometimes she doesn't close her mouth and I have to ask her to be quiet as I'm working on the computer. She'll say, "oh, oh ok" and a minute later she's gibbering again. Like a minute's enough. But it's ok, take advantage of it now. She still has to rub my arm when she's sleepy. I wonder when she'll outgrow that.
Not for awhile, I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment