About Me

My photo
I'm originally from smoggy L.A. but now live in sunny Honolulu. I've been living here for 20 years, and it seems like it'll be another 19. I have an awesome daughter). I also work with psychiatric kids(yikes!)I'm not complicated although one would think so and am pretty easy to get along with (unless you mess with my kid). I hate phoniness - so don't pretend to like me and then talk smack behind my back. Or pretend to like someone else, but talk smack to me about them. My family's my core and my close friends are my ice cream toppings. Everyone should have a little bit of dimsum in their lifetime. I also refer to myself as an "organic temple". Be green. Be organic. Be nice.

Monday, October 29, 2007

La Pietra



Went to the annual La Pietra Fair. It's an all-girl school with an amazing campus. It's like you're in France with cobblestone steps. The games were pricey but Ashly loves it so what are you going to do?

The activity that was really worth it (for $1.50) was the tricycle maze. You could ride the tricycle for as long as you want. And ride all she wanted, she did.


Today's paper had the Toy's R Us catalog. She circled everything she wanted and then I cut them out and posted them onto a piece of paper. Most of the items are what many would consider "boy" toys. I jokingly and lovingly refer to Ashly as my "butchy" girl. She's never been a girly-girl, but I had hoped she'd have a small amount of girly-girly in her. Princesses? No. Dora? Out. What does she want now? Diego, Handy Manny, cars, trains, balls...all the boy stuff. Which is kinda good, so I don't have to worry about the bling and hootchie stuff, at least for right now.

No comments: