About Me

My photo
I'm originally from smoggy L.A. but now live in sunny Honolulu. I've been living here for 20 years, and it seems like it'll be another 19. I have an awesome daughter). I also work with psychiatric kids(yikes!)I'm not complicated although one would think so and am pretty easy to get along with (unless you mess with my kid). I hate phoniness - so don't pretend to like me and then talk smack behind my back. Or pretend to like someone else, but talk smack to me about them. My family's my core and my close friends are my ice cream toppings. Everyone should have a little bit of dimsum in their lifetime. I also refer to myself as an "organic temple". Be green. Be organic. Be nice.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Kids Day @ the Capitol








Today was kids day and it was hot, humid and full of ..... kids. Ashly had fun doing lots of activities, games and the bouncer. All free. The line to the Ronald McDonald tent was astronomical, therefore, we skipped it. I looked for the news crew so we could be captured on TV, but none were there. No camera time this year. Failure. We also saw Ashly's teacher in line with us to paint pumpkins and Ashly was excited to see her. Teacher mentioned how the kids are going to an excursion to the pumpkin patch. I told her Ashly would not be going.


The thing with the excursion is that the school is utilizing their own school bus. A small school bus. No parents can go on the bus but we can meet them at the farm and drive back into town on our own. Oh yeah, like Ashly's going to like riding the bus without her mom next to her. AND, who's going to watch all the kids on the bus? There aren't enough teacher/aides per child. And if a car cuts the bus off again (like the last time) whose going to help the kids that go flying? The other 3 year old next to her? I think not. I took a poll at work, and NO ONE, minus the one exception would allow their kid on the bus. Did I mention, no safety belts? We'll just go to the farm on our own and she won't know the difference. Unless teacher starts talking about it to the kiddies.....

Also, Ashly is relentless with the camera. She's always taking pictures of ...well...mostly nothing. Like the carpet, her toes, the wall. But, when I ask her to take my picture, she does. She here it is. From a 3-1/2 year old.

No comments: