About Me

My photo
I'm originally from smoggy L.A. but now live in sunny Honolulu. I've been living here for 20 years, and it seems like it'll be another 19. I have an awesome daughter). I also work with psychiatric kids(yikes!)I'm not complicated although one would think so and am pretty easy to get along with (unless you mess with my kid). I hate phoniness - so don't pretend to like me and then talk smack behind my back. Or pretend to like someone else, but talk smack to me about them. My family's my core and my close friends are my ice cream toppings. Everyone should have a little bit of dimsum in their lifetime. I also refer to myself as an "organic temple". Be green. Be organic. Be nice.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

106 Degrees in Pasadena



Oh yeah! It hit a miraculous, wonderful, sinful 106 degrees today in Pasadena! The weather forecast on the web stated 88 and so we thought Pasadena would be a better alternative than Pomona to avoid the scorching heat wave. WRONG! We headed to Kidspace Children's Museum for some fun with the kids after picking up Catherine & Rebecca from school. But first, we stop off at Subway, where a 12" vegetarian sub is only $3.99! I only needed a 6" ($2.59)but for that deal, I had to get the footlong. You'd never find that price in Hawaii!

Of course it's boiling in the car (even with the air on) and Catherine gets fussy from the heat. It now agitates Ashly and they start bickering during the ride. Alas, we made it to the museum and all was well. They hugged and said apologies.

Kidspace has tons to do and I highly recommend it to any parent who has a kid under...I don't know, let's say 10. Very interactive with indoors as well as outdoor things to do. It's across where they have the Rose Bowl, within a park. We visited the park afterwards, had ice cream from the ice cream truck then headed back home. Kids were fed, bathed and all knocked out by 8:30ish after a hard day of fun. Another glorious day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if the kids had a blast. I like the picture of Ashly rock climbing. Also looks like you guys were panning for gold. Any luck?
:-)

Dave